I've got so much lovely fabric that I've collected (hoarded...) over the last few years that it either needs to be used or sold, and as I don't let go of things easily, one of the challenges I set myself for 2016 was to sew a garment a month. I finished this one last night (31st!) so just about made it!
I decided to make a second version of the Great British Sewing Bee's Full Skirt dress from their Sew Your Own Wardrobe book. I made one for Christmas which I've worn quite a lot - but the fit wasn't quite right so wanted to improve on it.
After making one identical to the first version and hating it, I've decided that princess seams aren't a great fit (pardon the pun) for my body. I went back to the bust and waist darts from Belladone, and also narrowed the shoulders and scooped the neckline. The beautiful back of the Belladone isn't really work-appropriate, so I winged it and made it up! The zip is too long really, but I felt like an exposed zipper rather than invisible and this one was to hand.
I wish I'd put in-seam pockets in to the circle skirt - but this will be an easy add on for future versions. I haven't lined the skirt but it's a little more see-through than I would like, so probably will go back and do this.